Saturday, July 28, 2012

This Weekend

 What did we do this weekend?  More like, what didn't we do this weekend!  Even with all the heat we managed to have a pretty amazing time.  First off... bubbles.  We got a new bubble gun and it only took a few minutes of looking away and Tay had bubble-gunned the back of Bell's hair into a sudsy mess.  But, I hear that's what big brothers do.


Next it was on to the Reservoir.  We went early enough that we had it completely to ourselves for a good half hour.  We build sand castles complete with plumbing and electrical... almost but definitely a canal system that even the Romans would be proud of.  Of course there was a little wading and a lot of sun-bathing.

A beach all to ourselves.



Tay's sand castle which is really a sand pit of sorts.  He was really more interested in decorating it with feathers and leaves.

 Then, finally, it was off to the County Fair.  We didn't stay too long but certainly long enough to ride all the good ones (good ones include the Farris Wheel and Merri-go-round when you're 2 and 4) and eat a whole lot of cotton candy and play a few select and very expensive games.  Bellies full of nachos and funnel cake, we are back at home ready for a quite Sunday.
This one was first rides and it didn't phase him a bit.  I was more than happy sitting on the bench.

The Meri-go-round, her favorite.

Did I forget to mention the face/arm painting?  The painter loved Bell's shirt so much she painted it on her face.


This is the "I wanna try again!" look.

Bell's tried but didn't really get what to do.  Oh well, one token wasted.

Half of the bag of cotton candy was on his face for most of the evening.

We will be back Arapahoe County Fair... and we will ride this ride next year.

... and this one too.

The most expensive toy squirt gun made in China.

She had some moves with the Batton... I think we may be on to something here.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like so much fun! I love weekends like that.

Jandi said...

I did NOT know you had a blog. I stalked over from Kim's blog. What a fun filled weekend. What a fun mom you are. Ok. No more creepy stalking, but, I will be back to check things out on occasion, if you don't mind?

~Jandi

THE DENVER BURTS said...

Truthfully happy someone reads it! AND left a comment!! Thanks Jandi!

kim cherry said...

great sand castle! we went to the fair too. it's just great summer fun.

Layne & Crystal said...

Wow!! Looks like a great time was had by all. How fun! Great pics!