Monday, November 8, 2010

Ah, the Birthday Party

So it was Taylor's 3rd birthday on Thursday of last week and we celebrated by throwing him a birthday party on Saturday and inviting some of his friends over. I stressed about this for weeks up to the day, preparing the funnest games I could think of and getting the perfect prize bags all put together all the while fantasizing about being the "cool mom who knows how to throw a cool party." I settled on a Transformers theme seeing as how Taylor is obsessed with Megatron, not realizing that we are probably some of the only parents that let their 3-year-old son watch the actual transformer movie that sparked his obsession (none of his friends had really seen it or knew any of the transformers...or cared to know). Lets just say it wasn't the fantastic memory making experience I was hoping for. Besides most of the kids being confused over the theme of the party, there was the kid who kept whining "I don't wanna play that game," and the kid who kept sneaking inside to do who knows what, and I suppose every party has the kid who is dazed and confused doing whatever they want, never really joining the party at all, except for cupcake time. Taylor, however, had a good time and the leaves in the yard that I had yet to bag up and our very tolerant cat Sebastian ended up saving the party. I think I'll wait a few more years before we do this again.


Everyone wanted to be buried in the leaves... who knew leaves could be such a lifesaver!

Now if I could've just gotten them to bag them up for me!

Again... the terrible smile. It's either no eyes or no lips... this time he managed no eyes or lips with the "smile."

Blowing out the candle

I'm scowling because Chris told me to "lean out of his shot," right as I was helping little Johnny with his cupcake.

No comments: