Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Puppy?

So we all know how hillarious a two year old can be, especially when they are in "mimik" mode, but this instance was the most funny to date for me, at least. I got home from work a couple of days ago and was chatting with Chris in the front room as Taylor played and ran around. Taylor tends to get a little ancy when he's not the center of Chris and I's world (he has a rude awakening coming in just a few weeks, haha) so desperately trying to get my attention, he runs over and starts tapping my leg saying, "mommy" a million times increasing his volume with each "mommy" that went unanswered until finally I said, "Yes bud, what?" to which he replied...
"Mommy, I want a puppy."

(Chris informed me later that evening that he didn't think Taylor would rememeber their earlier discussion of trying to coerce mommy into getting a puppy and to make sure to ask me. Two year old's have memories like elephants, beware.)

3 comments:

Layne & Crystal said...

That is too funny! Awww! I miss you guys! It was so fun seeing you during Thanksgiving. You'll have to be sure and give Layne and I a heads up when you're ready for visitors after Baby Burt comes. We would love to come and see you guys. Love you all!

Lindseylou said...

So Chris was using Taylor to get himself a puppy? I've got one for sale. Looks just like a black lab, only it's like 15 lbs full grown. Seriously, he's free...and he's fixed, and has a metal rod in his knee, and knows how to roll over and play fetch. Whatta ya say? I love to read your side bar and read the things Taylor is saying. Still time to come to park city for the girls weekend. You'll have 4 other mommies with you...I'm sure if needs be we can totally deliver a baby. Come on, you know you've always succomed to my peer pressure.

Jen said...

Maybe if you call little gal Burt a puppy when you bring her home, the awakening will be a little less rude? Just kidding. Good luck over the next few weeks. Keep us posted -- we're so excited for you all (and wishing you good luck with the transition from one to two underfoot). Call if you need anything.