Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Conversation with Isabelle

Isabelle:  "Mom, can I get a zebra?"
Mom: "No, we can't."
Isabelle: "Why not!?"
Mom: "Well, because they are wild animals and they don't belong in a backyard or in our house."
Isabelle: "But I will TRAIN it!!  I promise!."
Mom: "Well, we still can't even if you train it because it is against the law which means that police officers will come to our house and take it away and make mommy and daddy pay a lot of money."
Isabelle: "I will train it to chase them away so they don't bother us."
Mom: "No, Isabelle, we aren't getting a zebra. Sorry."
Isabelle: "O.K., mom.  I'll just have a grizzly bear then."

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Funny.

Layne & Crystal said...

Smart girl! I think if she trains it to chase away the police...she could have a real case. :-) Miss you guys!