Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Real Vacation

So it was for real this time. No fake beach with imported sand and freshwater fish hangin' out in the shallows. The real deal, seashells and all. We are so grateful we got the opportunity to head up to Cannon Beach, OR this last weekend with my parents to enjoy the therapeutic sounds of the ocean and tons of fun building huge sandcastles and collecting gobs of shells, and finding all sorts of sea creatures including the likes of starfish, crabs, sea anemone, jellyfish, and the forever interesting barnacles. We practically became pirates since we stayed on the beach where "The Goonies" was filmed (one of my all time favorite movies). I think I belong on the beach and my biggest wish right this moment is to someday be there permanently. The other great thing about this weekend... absolutely no talk of Transformers. :)
Our Beach Entrance, or as i like to say... our walkway to heaven.
Chris and Isabelle.. she didn't like the water too much

1/8th of the seashells Tay collected...

Our view.

Nana and Tay enjoying the view.

My dad and I walking to Haystack Rock

Gobs of starfish.  I believe the sign near our house said the limit was 10 starfish per day if you were "harvesting"

The house we stayed at

1 comment:

Jen said...

So jealous of your real (beach!) vacation! Looks like fun. Hope re-entry into Transformers and the suburbs hasn't done you in.