Monday, August 29, 2011

Catching Up

So its been a while. A long while. We've done a lot since the last post and frankly, I just haven't been in the mood to sit down and update everyone on all the haps. But I will start now. I'm also going to give a small warning: many many many pictures to come. I'm not picking and choosing I'm just uploading uploading and uploading. So here goes...
We recently (say mid-July or so) took a road trip to Cedar City to visit fam and hang out in our old stompin' grounds aka Cedar Breaks and the Shakespearean Festival. It was beautiful weather and we all had a blast with family. The 10 hour car trip wasn't so bad for anyone either, especially me since I no longer had to be relegated to sitting in the very back to entertain a certain princess. Many many many a movie and several scenic turnoffs later we made it to Cedar and headed, almost immediately to the Greenshow. For those not educated in the world of theatre, the Greenshow is a bunch of small performances by a small group of actors on the "green" or the stage outside of the Adams theatre where anyone can sit on the grass and watch, eat tarts, purchase souvieners, and mingle and talk before the play. It was lovely and the kids loved running around on the grass.
The next adventure was going up to Cedar Breaks National Monument for a good old fashioned picnic and a really nice campfire complete with smores and stars, lots of stars. If I had been presented with the opportunity to move back to Cedar in the midst of my smore intoxication I would currently be writing this from a house located on the outskirts of the Cedar City. The opportunity was not presented, and we are all still in Denver. Happy to be here, but wishing we were just a bit closer.



At our favorite stop in Greenriver, UT for a little R&R before the last leg of the trip...
Me and my fabulous sister-in-law, Jen, who will soon be having twin boys! Yay!

Best Friend-cousins having a smashing time at the Greenshow

Two of the Burt Brothers, Andy and Chris, pretending to have a smashing time at the Greenshow

Backyard fun.  Who knew watering flowers could be so much fun?

Us at Cedar Breaks National Monument.
So happy to be there that we didn't even care our kids were being slightly annoying
 
  

Why I miss Cedar City the very most, the views (well that and family and Shakespeare and small town life).


1 comment:

Jen said...

And Cedar misses you! I promise s'mores every day if you move back...

Thanks for coming. We owe you one once we settle into life as six. Hugs!