Ah, the Beach. How I wish I lived at the beach. Luckily, I do live to what I consider a great substitute to the beach... the Aurora Reservoir. While there is no sound of crashing waves and cawing seagulls at the Reservoir, there is great sand for sandcastles, blazing hot sun and a snack hut in case you get a hankerin' for a hot dog. Since my hubby took a long weekend over Memorial Day, we decided to pack up the van and head out to the "beach" the day after Memorial, hoping to avoid the mass crowds. Sure enough, we had the beach to ourselves, almost. While the water was far to cold for any of us to venture in for a swim, we did manage to have a blast with sandcastle building and snacking while soaking up plenty of sun. We even managed a first... Taylor's first boat ride almost followed with Taylor's first fall overboard (don't worry, he was tightly bound in a life-vest). He desperately wanted to rock the boat until Chris convinced him otherwise.

My little one in her adorable yellow ruffle swimsuit!
This is the "I hate smiling and taking pictures so be quick before I have a small meltdown" look.
My sweet little girl in her pink towel dress. I almost wish these came in adult sizes.
Playing Godzilla with daddy while Taylor's not looking.
She thought it was hilarious to dip her feet in the water and since it is so hard to get her to laugh I kept doing it even though her feet were like ice.
 |
| The big boat ride |
No comments:
Post a Comment