The Theme was Pink
And so with the celebration of her first birthday we've officially entered into the world of pink, princesses, and ponies. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure all of her gifts were pink, from ponies to bouncy-balls, to her first trike...all pink. Pink cupcakes, pink plates, pink cutlery, and pink wrapping paper, The whole place looked like it had been hosed down with Pepto Bismo (for all those other Steel Magnolia-loving girlie-girls). She's a girly-girl. Truly, my heart warmed to see this, since underneath this frumpy mom facade, I too am a true girly-girl and am happy to have someone else in the fam to share my affinity of the color pink. She turned one. One year old and it feels like she's already as independent and emotional as any pre-teen could claim to be. At least, it feels that way coming from the world of a three-year old transformer-loving boy.

The celebration began with the pink cupcakes. The strawberry frosting was not only aesthetically appealing but incredibly delicious! If you notice the three cupcakes that say something that looks slightly like "B-Day" its because my handwriting is terrible when using an icing tube and thus I had to try a few times.
Isabelle was more than happy to eat fistfuls of cupcakes unlike her brother on his first birthday who was disgusted by the idea of having food on his hands.
My beautiful little girl with her pink bow and gorgeous smile has turned one and it feels like it was just yesterday that we were bringing her home, wrapped up in pink mind you, from the hospital. She is a happy little angel that brings nothing buy joy to our lives. Here's to many more pink birthday's ahead of us!
2 comments:
She is so grown up (and, of course, adorable) in that last picture! I owe this pink-clad one-year-old a present. It has been wrapped and sitting in the trunk of my car for a month now. Does that make me a horrible aunt?
Happy birthday Bells! I, too, had hoped too one day host a pink party, perhaps I'll do it for my 30th:)
Post a Comment