Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Dinner Conversation

After what seems like a lifetime of begging Taylor to eat his dinner and me asking the one question I would love an answer to (When will we have a nice, quiet dinner again?) this is what ensued...
Taylor (in a very small voice): "I'm cold."
Daddy: "Well, eat your dinner bud and then you'll start to warm up."
Taylor: "But I'm cold, I can't eat."
Daddy: "Well Tay, maybe if you eat your dinner you can have some hot chocolate afterwards to warm you up..."
Taylor: "I want some hot chocolate right now."
Silence (silence means Isabelle screeching and Chris and I trying to have some semblance of an adult conversation)
Taylor: "I'm cold."
Mommy: "Fine, I'll get you a blanket and then you need to eat your dinner."
I get blanket and put it over Taylor's shoulders
Taylor: "I'm still cold."
Daddy: "Well Tay, you've got a long-sleeve shirt on, pants, socks, and after dinner we'll put your slippers on, o.k.? So I don't think you're cold, so stop talking about being cold and finish your dinner."
Silence
...more silence
Taylor: "My legs are itchy."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds EXACTLY like Bailey at dinner at our house!! "I'm cold" "my tummy hurts" "i'm full" I need to go potty" just one thing after another!!! Don't think it will get better soon :(