Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Taylor's Birthday





























Tay had a great birthday starting out with sleeping in... sort of. He woke up first around 4am (I'm sure just the pure excitement and anticipation for his first birthday, right?) and thankfully fell back to sleep until around 7:30am. Then after breakfast, a nap, and lunch it was off to Monkey Bizzness. Its this great place for kids 0-6 years old. They have this great area for kids Taylor's age filled with big, soft shapes and lots of cool toys. He made a couple of friends, but was especially interested in the girls. He's gonna be a ladies man just like his dad! Then it was off to the mall for some afternoon browsing and dinner, then home for cake and presents. After a giant fit we quickly learned that Taylor doesn't like food on his hands. One smashed piece of birthday cake on the floor (and a little on mom) and it was time to open presents. After spending the 20 seconds on each toy before getting bored with it, it was off to toucher the cats by chasing them and grabbing at their feet. It was a perfect ending to the perfect first birthday.

Has it really already been a year?! I can't believe that Taylor is one year old already! I didn't think I'd make it to this point without loosing significant amounts of hair, needing a major face lift from all the sleepless nights, and maybe being admitted to the psych ward from having to listen to him scream in the car all the way home from the mall, oh and did I mention possibly having a heart-attack from all the worrying about all those things I can't control. But I've also never loved anyone sooo much. I can't imagine our lives without him, he is our angel.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! I can't believe he's 1 already, it goes by so fast doesn't it. He's getting so big, what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy TAYLOR!! Oh my gosh I can't belive he is 1, where does time go! He is such a sweetie! Hey I am making my blog private so go to my blog and leave your email!

Lindseylou said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! You are seriously one handsome toddler! Congrets Lori on keeping your sanity (mostly) for that first year. It'll go smoother the second go around - take it from someone with an only child!

Jen said...

Missing my Burt blogging buddy. Hope all is well. Love ya.