Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter

 Easter has come and gone but the brightly colored eggs still reside in my fridge.  We had so much fun this year with the kids coloring eggs.  I made sure to buy not only the regular dye, but also a Spiderman kit (there were no Transformers egg dying kits to be found... I looked).  Because we didn't have to worry too much about little ones knocking over egg dye and loosing interest 45.8 seconds into the activity we were actually able to express some creativity... even the left-brained Engineer was rather excited by the event (although his eggs are not pictured because of his "mixing-of-colors strategy that all the rest of us know... doesn't work).  Taylor paid close attention to detail and made sure to explain the picture he made on each one of his eggs; all stories escape my mind at the moment, however.  Isabelle liked the stickers.. a lot and I was kind-of glad because she does enjoy making a mess which could have been disastrous when egg dye is in the mix.


 Taylor was big on coloring the eggs with crayon before dying them even though it took him a minute to find just the right pressure so as not to crack (or smash to smithereens) the egg.
  
Isabelle placed each sticker on herself, she needed nor wanted help.

I tried to help her dye some eggs... she doesn't like help, so she was put into the highchair and enjoyed her seat far away from any eggs, egg dye, or egg dyeing paraphernalia.

 The masterpeices.  I refused to take a picture of the eggs that were mentioned above (dyed in multiple colors resulting in brown) or just the ones that were not as bright and pretty.
  The Spidy kit.  Not really worth the extra dollar in case any of you are considering it for next year.  Really just came with some stickers and a two "spidy masks" for the eggs.
She just so cute and sassy.  She always has a face on her, that girl.  I love 'em both.

1 comment:

Layne & Crystal said...

So cute! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!