My mom came out for a visit this week and my dad followed for the weekend, my mom to help me and my dad to help Chris. What would I possibly need help with being a stay-at-home mom, you ask... sewing. The one art I have not yet perfected. My good friend Liz is having her first baby girl (currently she is a working mom of two, lets say, very active little boys) and I couldn't resist the chance to send a bundle of pink, pink, and more pink her way in the form of a car seat cover, diaper holder and changing pad, and a little pink elephant. Everything turned out perfect... thanks to my mothers expert and nimble fingertips and my sideline encouragement. My dad was able to help Chris get farther along in the basement so that we can again house guests comfortably. Plumbing, check. Wiring, check, reinforcement on the ceiling, check. Chris and my dad were able to get more done than expected and Chris now promises the deadline for the basement completion is now back on schedule. We did manage to squeeze in some fun at the Children's Museum and a few good walks around the block with a dash of ice-cave building and playdough on the side. All-in-all a wonderful visit!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Nana and Pops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Seriously LOVE Isabelle's cheesy smile! Gosh! How can you not look at her and just crack up from her huge toothy grins! Love it! Oh, how we miss you guys! Glad to hear that your basement will be finished soon! I am sure you are ready for the "projects" to end already (although hopefully by now, you realize you have married a Burt boy with, I am sure, a never-ending list of projects). Love you guys!
Love that fuzzy head of hair! What a cutie -- I can't believe how much she's grown!
Next time Linda and I will have to synchronize our visits so we can hang - just like old times. And maybe so can hem some clothing for me. You little Bells is ham for the camera. PS, tell Tay to keep the wise cracks coming...his little comments kill me!
Post a Comment