
So taking a new approach to this painful process of potty training, I decided to get a million little trinkets at the dollar store (or the dollar section at Target) and wrap them up individually in brightly colored wrapping paper and put them all in a basket. The idea behind this being that every time he went potty in the toilet he would get to "Pick a prize." Good idea, I thought, since Taylor LOVES presents so much so that hes been talking about his birthday party for months now, asking everyone, adult and child alike, if they are coming to his birthday party (No such party has been discussed but after eating a birthday cupcake and helping unwrap birthday presents that Chris and I got...back in June, he decided it would be nice for him to have one as well and has been talking about it ever since). So after painstakingly wrapping a million little toys big and small and arranging them in such a manner as to make them irresistible to the eye, I eagerly approach Taylor with the idea. This is how it went:
Mommy: "Taylor come look at all these presents! If you want to go peepee on the potty like a big boy you get to pick out ANY of these presents you want and unwrap them and keep the toy inside!!"
Taylor: "Ummm... Well, how about next day? I don't want to right now."
You can imagine my HUGE disappointment especially when, 2 hours later, I was in the midst of changing another one of his poopy diapers.
I am continuing with the "Prize Basket" with only one semi-success (he sat down, but didn't go to the bathroom).
No comments:
Post a Comment