Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun in the Big City

So - I have some catching up to do! We've had tons of fun with visitors over the last couple of months, friends and family. Nana and Pops came out and we went to the botanical gardens and our first Rockies game. The Rockies game could've been a disaster, but after hiding his cold beer in a Coca Cola cup, the game was back on with a hot dog with the works (I accidentally bought tickets in the family section, who knew there was a family section?). Although we weren't the super fans and the Rockies lost, we did leave with some purple Marti gras beads and a Rockies hat.


Then, my best friend from High School came out for a visit to the big city, my little country bumkin, Lindsey. We had a great time and it was a much needed girls weekend. We did lots of "big city" things like the Denver art museum, a musical at the Buelle theater, some completely intentional (but not really) sight seeing and lot and lots of reiminicing about our crazy days in good ol' Roy. However, after putting her up in the lap of luxery, taking her under my wing and showing her the ropes in the big city... she proceeded to post photos of the good ol' days of me and her, but mostly me. So - I've posted a few of my own... I had intentions of finding some utterly embarrassing pics, but seeing as how she's so dang pretty, these were all I could muster up. Pay close attention to the knobbly knees, slight Asian influence in the face, and braces in the dance photo! (If you click on the pics the clarity gets better)

2 comments:

Lindseylou said...

Oh, haha. The Tubbs dance pick was low Lori. I got way more of you. Is that a leaf sprouting out of my shirt? Anyway, one of these days...we did have a blast though and you were a phenomenal host - aside from getting us lost a billion times. Can't wait to get all the gals for next years girls retreat. Tell Chris thanks again. Husband of the year for putting up with us.

Anonymous said...

You and Lindsey crack me up, I am so glad she was able to come visit you, that is way fun!!